[Dixielandjazz] Some free instruction on youtube

Kent Murdick kmurdick at southalabama.edu
Mon Apr 29 05:25:44 PDT 2013

I'm not sure whether my other post got on the list so here it is again. I
got tired of teaching guitarists how to play straight rhythm and tubists
how to play from sheet music so over the years I put together these
videos.  The production values aren't great, but they work. Let me know if
they help you out.  Here's what one guy wrote about my tuba lessons.

"I'm a pro tubist but I'm trained as mainly an orchestral musician. I've,
in the last few months taken a real interest in traditional jazz. I've
studied theory, harmony and ear training. These simple lessons where you've
broken it down to laymen's terms helped me understand it so much better. In
the jam sessions I put together, I've been trying to over complicate things
and it's been a real struggle.  My lines are fluff-free now and authentic!
Thanks!"

Straight Rhythm Guitar:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB39409FAA2EAA031

Tuba: