[Dixielandjazz] Curious YouTube of Canal Street Jazz Band

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Apr 29 01:23:03 PDT 2013

One of my sons owns a GoPro camera which takes time-lapse pictures.  Since
there are already a number of videos of our band on YouTube, he thought it
would be fun to upload a different approach.  The camera is one of those
that extreme sports people attach to their heads, etc.

He put together a fun collection of fast running frames with a recording
from one of our live CD's....Canal Street Jazz Band 45th Anniversary album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FIj1Ygx7ow&feature=youtu.be

The action doesn't really have anything to do with the music, but still
manages to more or less look like we're playing the song heard at some
points.

This was taken last Friday night during our 8 nite run this month at this
club.  Lots of young people dancing in front of the band.

Alongside this film you might note another video of a concert with Tiger
Rag.  If you watch this, you will get an introduction (in Spanish) by yours
truly saying why I wasn't playing (due to an eye operation) & see/hear our
young sub on trombone.  We had a 1,000 strong audience in a beautiful
concert hall last November.

Jim Kashishian
Madrid