[Dixielandjazz] More news on the suppression of live music in New Orleans

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 19:31:31 PDT 2013

Two articles in OffBeat magazine on the subject of civic and police actions
to restrict (excessivly, in my opinion) performance of jazz, brass bands,
Mardi Gras Indians and other musicians and artists - this keeps happening
in the city that depends so much on live music and tourism!

http://www.offbeat.com/2013/04/24/new-orleans-music-community-protests-cultural-regulation-second-line-april-25/

http://www.offbeat.com/2013/05/01/regulating-culture-jazz-fest/

I have been to many of the venues mentioned in the articles - they are not
much different from all of the other neighborhood bars and clubs in New
Orleans that have live music. I sure do not understand why city officials
are trying to suppress the music again...

Dave Richoux