[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 124, Issue 23

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 10:31:58 PDT 2013

Hello Dave,
Isomehow don't think so.
The bandsyou've mentioned continue the West Coast style rather than
Murphy's band.  The connection to Murphy is the musicians, as many are
still going strong, and hopefully will for many years to come.
The de Paris band (funny - just heard it today) is another story - no
distinct style, just another, albeit very good, Dixieland band with swing
overtones (despite the New New Orleans moniker, the band was much more in
the New York vein).  I love the band, have several records, but I don't
think it has left any other legacy.
Cheers