[Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 15 11:57:51 PDT 2013

Mike,

Carl still lives on that houseboat in Sausalito.
Give him a call and ask about those tapes.

Cheers,
Bruce

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 21:39:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: "M J (Mike) Logsdon"<mjl at ix.netcom.com>
To: DJML<dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy

>>> Bill,

I took banjo lessons for two years from Carl Lunceford in 2000 - 2001.
He is a great banjo teacher. But, I don't remember him ever offering to
give me singing lessons. Maybe he thought they wouldn't do any good.

Cheers,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist<<<

In 1999, I and my now ex-wife visited Carl and his wife in his houseboat at Sausalito, for the purpose of me selling my plectrum banjo I'd bought a few years previous from the now late Russ Presting.  I regret that sale with my very being.  Oh well.  It was quite the unique visit.  Before the independent buyer arrived, we dropped many a name and discussed many a style, and Carl kept pointing to the upstairs, where many rare tapes languished that I'd never be allowed near.  I have a real hunch many of those tapes have since been issued.

Sent from my cOmputer