[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 124, Issue 12

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 12:47:10 PDT 2013

Having heard the High Society I've moved to the Southern Stompers.  The
former featurew one of the outstanding trombonists of today - Daniel Berda,
and the others are no slouches, either.
The latter have the advantage of one of the foremost clarinettinsts, Alain
Marquet.  The band is "hotter than Hades!" (in quotes, because this was the
title of an LP by the British Midnight Follies Orchestra which, by the way,
lived up to it).
I'll watch the Paris Washboard videos, too, but they require no comments -
the band is too well known (or is it only in Europe and here?) and has
quite a few CDs on Stomp Off.
Cheers