[Dixielandjazz] Touring

vaxtrpts at aol.com vaxtrpts at aol.com
Sat Apr 13 17:45:49 PDT 2013

 I klnow there isn't much interest on this list about the Kenton Alumni Band, but since this is one of the last touring big bands left, that should be of some importance to jazz enthusiasts.
We have done four concerts so far.  All very successful.  Crowds do seem to be a bit smaller than in past years, but they are VERY enthusiastic.  Yesterday all the members of the band listened to and worked with about 40 high school and college combos and big bands.  I think the young people learned much more than if they had been judged by "college professors."  It was a hard but wonderful day.  We played a convocation at 10 AM (the earliest we have ever played.......) and then an evening concert as well for the general public.  Today we are on a 600 mile jaunt with a night off, and then we play in New Hampshire tomorrow.  Then on to Long Island, Manassas, VA, and Blues Alley in Washington DC on Wednesday.  If anyone is interested in dates after that, please do let me know.

Mike Vax
Friends of Big Band Jazz, Prescott Jazz Summit,
Stan Kenton Alumni Band
www.mikevax.net
www.bigbandjazz.net
www.prescottjazz.com