[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Samuel Johnson ghanaexpress at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 16:49:07 PDT 2013

Bob Ringwald

Hi Bob:

As previously sent, I do NOT get the Dixieland News but I WANT to!  How I got deleted is a mystery to me.  Please re-institute me.  On a second topic, I note that Molly is appearing in Las Vegas at the Smith Center May 10, 11.  I have never seen her live except at Sacramento.  I wonder if she remembers singing with Max?  I will be sure to catch her the 10th, if not both days.

How have you been?  I like to check up on my friends to make sure I'm not the "last man standing" or in my case, sitting.  I have been in a wheelchair for the last 2 years having inherited Ataxia from my Mother who got it from her Father, who got it from Abraham Lincoln's Uncle,  (My sister is genealogy expert and tracked it all the way back to 1635). It only affects my balance and coordination [cerebellum related] as was late on-set (lucky me).  Abe may have had it along with his Uncle but may have died too soon for it to kick in.  Anyway, "I don't get around much..." On the good side, I employ some of these Vegas girls when I do get out!

All the best, Bob. A thought just occurred to me that you may not be indestructible either.  So if you are not managing the list whomever got this PASS IT ON!

Samuel Johnson

P.S. Speaking of indestructible, Max Collie is still gigging occasionally with his band in London, playing sitting down but at 80+, sounds good.  Ron McKay-long retired [He's 83 now, Phil Mason, retired for 5 years, Trefor Williams and Jim McIntosh still working regular, Jack Gilbert died maybe 20 years ago.