[Dixielandjazz] Hymns at a church service

SargentDrums at aol.com SargentDrums at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 11:32:30 PDT 2012

Jesus Loves Me
Are You Washed In The Blood?
Victory In Jesus
Everlasting Arms

Hope this helps!
Bill Sargent
Studio 414-777-0100 | Cell 414-305-6955
Email BillSargentDrums at aol.com | Web BillSargent.com

In a message dated 9/26/2012 12:44:01 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
kyeates at yahoo.com writes:
My band has been asked to play at a local Lutheran  church on All Saints
Day (Nov 04). Along with When The Saints we will be playing  all of the other
music for the service as well. I am trying to identify hymns in  their
hymnal or other well known hymns that will work in a trad jazz style that  the
congregation can sing along with. I have identified What a Friend We Have in
Jesus and Just a Closer Walk With Thee. Unfortunately I am drawing blanks
beyond  that.

We also need lesser known tunes or tunes that don't work as well  for the
singing to be played during the prelude. I see This World is Not my Home  and
Just A Little While to Stay Here as working well there.

Any other  thoughts, input or suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Kevin  Yeates
Vancouver, Canada