[Dixielandjazz] Tempus Fugit (was "Encores")

Bert Thompson dr_bert at juno.com
Sat Sep 15 13:15:46 PDT 2012

Another pet gripe of mine was bands that would stand around at the end of their set at a festival gabbing with their fans, rather than getting their stuff off the stage and then yakking at the side. The next band could have as little as five minutes--or less--to set up.  One band (no longer extant) was notorious for this in my book, but it was merely the worst offender.  Many others did the same, albeit to a lesser degree.  Since I don't get to too many festivals nowadays, I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I would hope not.  Regards,   Bert Thompson