[Dixielandjazz] Vocals - the more the better

Henry C. Mason hmncro at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 09:11:49 PDT 2012

I run a big band and that has been our experience as well.   Modern
audiences seem to really be tuned into vocals.  I ask the singers to be
sure and follow the Sinatra rule of enunciating the lyric clearly and the
melody correctly on the first chorus..  Somehow it seems to help relate the
audience to the band.

Henry