[Dixielandjazz] New Album from the Syncopators in seattle

Updates updates at syncopators.net
Mon Oct 22 00:17:54 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Shameless as it is I must make a self-plug for the brand new record that my
band has just released!  The album is called Skinny Minne and was recorded
live in Minneapolis at a swing dance event called Midwest Lindy Fest.
Personnel on the CD include Steve Mostovoy (tpt), Evan Arntzen (cl/ts),
Solomon Douglas (pno), Steve Pikal (b), Mike Daugherty (dr), Meschiya Lake,
(vcl), and myself on guitar and vocal.

The album has 17 tracks, four of which are original songs of my own
composition including "Blues for Norma," "Deep Down in Caroline," "The Grass
is Always Greener (If You're High)" and the title track "Skinny Minne."  The
other 13 songs are either original arrangements or transcriptions that I've
done of vintage tunes by artists such as Sidney Bechet, Duke Ellington,
Count Basie, and Artie Shaw.

The CD is available for download at: http://syncopators.bandcamp.com/ or if
your preference is for a physical CD at: http://cds.syncopators.net (or if
you're at Sun Valley this weekend, you can get one in person).

Cheers!
Glenn

www.syncopators.net
www.facebook.com/syncopators