[Dixielandjazz] Eddie Bert obituary

alevy at alevy.com alevy at alevy.com
Thu Oct 18 17:00:02 PDT 2012

Of course I am saddened hearing about Eddie's death.
He was a classmate of mine at Manhattan School
Of Music. The last time we met he was playing at a
club in Westchester, about 1998.
The class of 1954 included Max Roach, Herbie Manne,
Sam Most, George Butcher, John Lewis, Joe Newman,
Zita Carno, Sam Herman, and many others of equal ability.
I am sorry that I can't remember all the names.
You should have heard our "big band" comprised of all
students at the graduation party.
Those were the good times.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com