[Dixielandjazz] Fiona Duncan (was Nellie Lutcher 1956 Today Show)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:33:06 PDT 2012

Fina Duncan isamong the best contemporary singers I've ever heard!
I heard her for the first time at the 1992 Edinbugh Jazz Fesival (not
sure about the year - might have been earlier), in some pretty fast
company (Bob Barnard, among others).  Fiona was not "the featured girl
singer" - she was "one of the boys," even though she sang words rather
than scatted,  wonderful diction and swing!

Cheers