[Dixielandjazz] Nellie Lutcher 1956 Today Show

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Oct 15 15:13:12 PDT 2012

Sometime in the mid to late 80s at the Los Angeles Classic Jazz Festival, or Los Angeles Sweet and Hot Festival, whatever it was called at the time, Feona Duncan, a wonderful singer from Scotland was appearing at the Festival. In a conversation with her, I found out that she idolized Nellie Lutcher.

I knew Nellie so I called her on the telephone and told her about Feona. She was nice enough to come over and meet Feona. They had a nice time and Feona was beside herself to be able to meet one of her idols.

Here is Nelly in 1956 on the Today Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm02YKi6rOc

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV
916/ 806-9551

The crime of taxation is not in the taking of it. It's in the way it's spent.
--Will Rogers March 20, 1932