[Dixielandjazz] FW: Benny Goodman Quartet - The World is Waiting ForThe Sunrise

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:10:23 PDT 2012

Replying aftr over a month may be odd, but ever since my return from
abroad I've been trying to catch up.
Jim says" > Then, you hear a lot of guys saying that real fast doesn't
swing!  Here's
> the proof that it can.

Not very often.  But it certainly can.  However, to do so it requires
musicians of the calibre of BG and his cohorts,  Dizzy Gillespie could
swing at such tempos, too, and Charlie Parker.  But these are
exceptions, not the rule.
Cheers