[Dixielandjazz] Horror!!!

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 10 13:31:41 PDT 2012

I could swear that the in the last mailing I received there was a reference (copied from the press) to Joe Cohn as "venerable" !!!

And without the excuse of extreme youth which Benny Waters had when he on one gig referred to Joe's father Al as "my fellow veteran". Benny was old enough to have fathered people senior to Al. Of course his autobiography did suggest that he might well have, but as far as he was aware he hadn't.

For Joe I would have preferred venerated,

Robert R. Calder