[Dixielandjazz] Evan Christopher

Fuzzy fuzzymail at fuzzyjazz.com
Mon Oct 8 14:32:32 PDT 2012

The first time I heard Evan Christopher in person was 5+ years ago.  He was
playing with Tim Laughlin, Otis Bazoon, Connie Jones, etc.  What a great
group!  (Pete Fountain was scheduled to be there, but wasn't feeling well.)
I hadn't heard of Evan before, and was introduced to him in this early jazz
format with these great musicians.  I was impressed and curious why I hadn't
heard of him before.

I went to catch him a few nights later at a different gig, and was somewhat
underwhelmed.  It's not that he wasn't playing great - he was - it just
wasn't my kind of music.  Unfortunately, I've never been able to catch him
"live" playing early jazz again.  However, I did hear him play some great
recorded events with riverwalkjazz folks (Jim Cullum.)

He's a great player, with a great command of history/and his instrument.  I
really hope to catch him during future "live" early jazz performances!

Warmest Regards,
Fuzzy