[Dixielandjazz] Big Mama Thornton

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 6 19:01:28 PDT 2012

There are probably several recordings audio as well as TV from the 1960s tour of Europe which included Ms. Thornton and Buddy Guy.

There was even an LP with a track from each of the performers.
After some decades of familiarity I certainly didn't need a reminder of Buddy Guy's appearance, or what he sounds like. It could have been nobody else on the first clip. The pianist was Eddie Boyd, who was recorded in England at the time.

The CD I mentioned was drawn from a performance in the US, with Buddy's late lamented brother Philip -- a very impressive player though not the unique performer his brother has long been,

good wishes,

Robert