[Dixielandjazz] Big Mama Thornton

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Fri Oct 5 17:19:13 PDT 2012

Hi  Bob:

I listened to what I am pretty sure is  the same recording,  she had a guitar player/manager named Jim Moore  during those days who traveled with her every where, sounds like it may  have been him.   BMT had a pretty good reputation for belting Whiskey and often slurred her lyrics a lot .   I booked her a few gigs back in those days around San Francisco, and played drums in the backup band a few times with Jim Moore.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins