[Dixielandjazz] UK music license changes

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Wed Oct 3 02:27:53 PDT 2012

Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote on 02/10/2012 17:21:03:

> Wow!
> Just the opposite from New Orleans!
> Does this apply to the number of musicians a pub may feature as well?

It's a bit difficult to find full details of what the law says, but
there don't appear to be any restrictions on the number of musicians.
So long as the event takes place between 8:00 and 23:00.

There's a bit more information here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19783855

The main talk seems to be about the noise, but this should be covered
by existing "noise nuisance" legislation.

All sounds good to me. As Jim says, if we can get 13,000 new
venues there should be plenty of work. Somehow I suspect it
wont quite happen like that, but it's got to be better than
the old situation.

Regards

Andy Ling