[Dixielandjazz] Gary Church update 11/30/2012

CHERYL THURSTON thurstonsjazz at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 07:28:34 PST 2012

Good morning dear friends, Gary has been in the hospital since Monday evening  after I took him to St. Joseph's Emergency. Problem:  Hallucinations,  confusion,  and for example :This is approximate... Gary played his horn after  the beat last Monday at a party. His notes were delayed (2  beats behind) and he kept playing 2 beats more when  tune was over.  Sometimes he stopped playing  in the middle of a  song and/or completely left parts out.   Another example: 1....He  washed his hands in the sink at the hospital and it turned into a shark with big  bloody teeth....2...He was walking then stopped and turned around and thought a  women was talking to him and he talked back....3...He sees helicopter propellers  and trains. What is being done:  Barrows Neurology told  me that Gary's case is "MAJOR" !  The Neurologist team and Neurology  Oncology Doctors are working on his case.  Also the Internal medicine  Doctor is working on stabilizing his blood sugar.  Gary had EKG, CT scan, MRI, series of blood tests,  spinal tap, EEG and they will do a brain biopsy. This is all so scary for Gary and myself.   (Especially, when he was told they will do brain biopsy, it has  made him think of dying.  This is so sad...) I pray that they will find a solution to make him  better.  I am trying to stay positive that he will pull through  again..... I will let you know of any results or information that  I may receive. Please, no visitors yet.   (He is in room #  5 N 3 7 at St. Joseph's.  602/406-3000)  I am there every  day.... Love and God Bless!Cheryl(602) 465-0623 or (480) 895-2765 Get Well Cards:    GARY CHURCH25238 S. ROSEBUD DR.SUN LAKES, AZ  85248