[Dixielandjazz] Name those (Christmas) Songs CONTEST. Played by the Grand St. Stompers!

Brandon Au dolphinhunter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:59:24 PST 2012

The Grand St. Stompers have released a preview track called "All the Other
Christmas Songs" from their upcoming "Christmas Stomp" album. This track is
remarkable in that it is made up entirely of bits and pieces of famous
holiday and winter-themed songs, all chopped up and mixed together. A
micro-medley, a musical smoothie, if you will. This contest, then, is a
taste test: if you think you know your holiday tunes, then we challenge you
to drink of this musical smoothie and use your aural taste buds to *name
each song it contains*, and furthermore, *in the correct order.*
*
*
[All the Other Christmas Songs <http://grandststompers.com/sound/Other.mp3>]

Submit your entries via Facebook message to the Grand St. Stompers
[here<http://facebook.com/GrandStStompers>],
or by email to Gordon at GrandStStompers.com. Note that we cannot be
responsible for lost/misdirected emails or messages, so please double-check
before sending. Best of luck... you may need it!!!

A hint, and quite a big important one, may be found somewhere on
GrandStStompers.com <http://grandststompers.com/>.

1st Place Prize: whoever submits the first entirely correct entry will
receive our 'Keepsake Package': admission to THE HOLIDAY BASH, along with a
*Christmas Stomp* CD and commemorative poster! (See event details, advance
tickets, and package deals [here <http://grandststompers.com/stomp.html>].)
2nd Place Prizes: the next five submitters whose entries are graded an 'A'
or above (at least 90% correct) will receive a 2 for 1 admission to THE
HOLIDAY BASH!

GRAND PRIZE: (For the brave/obsessed only!) Furthermore, we issue an *ultimate
challenge* to the genius and/or insane: name the songs in the track, in
order, AND write out the entire lyrics! For lyrics to be correct, they must
come from the correct verse/chorus of the song in question - no using the
opening lyrics if we quote the melody at the end of the track, for example.
This is such a challenge you'd have to be MAD to do this! But, given the
prize, you'd have to be MAD not to try! - Namely, our VIP Package
(admission for the winner plus guest to the show, an autographed CD,
audiophile download, an autographed poster, a photo of the Stompers
autographed by each member) *plus* a certificate of confirmed holiday
melodic genius from the Grand St. Stompers!

The Grand St. Stompers' album, "Christmas Stomp" arrives December 1st,
featuring:

Tamar Korn, Molly Ryan - vocals
Gordon Au - trumpet, cornet, composer/arranger
Dennis Lichtman - clarinet
Matt Musselman - trombone
Nick Russo - banjo, guitar
Rob Adkins - bass
Kevin Dorn - drums

"Christmas Stomp presents the holiday classics you know and love (plus a
few rare gems), stomped on and reshaped into swinging, jazzy hits!
See exclusive liner notes [here<http://grandststompers.com/album2notes.html>];
check out the review by Michael Steinman of music blog Jazz
Lives<http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/>
 [here <http://grandststompers.com/bash.html#review>], and his blog post
about it [here<http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/stomping-for-christmas-an-early-holiday-bash-with-gordon-au-the-grand-street-stompers-columbia-university-december-1-2012/>
]. "