[Dixielandjazz] Gibson banjo

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 09:35:32 PST 2012

Over the years since the '20s there have been dozens, maybe hundreds, of
models of Gibson banjos (and guitars) ranging from plain, inexpensive (and
not terribly great sounding) to extravagently ornate and very costly with
well designed tone rings and wonderful sound. Without knowing the model,
year, and actual condition, even Elderly Instruments would have a very
difficult time giving you an estimate. The value could be anything from $100
or less to $20,000 or more.

Another source of info might be Mandolin Brothers on Staten Island in NY if
they have survived the storm.

Scott Anthony