[Dixielandjazz] Responses from Mike Vax --Miami JazzFest and young performers at Jazz events

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 18 14:07:31 PST 2012

Hi Listmates…all of you listmates need to see Mike's thoughts…

To:  Musicians and Jazzfans list

From: Norman

Mike Vax, listmate/ leader of Stan Kenton Alumni Band and jazz educator, responds to two items—Miami JazzFest info about cancellation and also about young people performing at jazz events and opening one’s ears to newer music.

Thanks Mike, for your thought-provoking comments.