[Dixielandjazz] Frances Faye's 100th

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Nov 10 11:09:46 PST 2012

Let me hear that crazy cowbell! On this day in 1912 the irrepressible Frances Faye
was born in Brooklyn. Here's a live (audio only) medley of "An Occasional Man" and
"The Dummy Song" from New York in 1956, according to the caption. This doesn't sound
familiar; does anyone know the source?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdquMQPsKA
And here she is on Australian TV in 1979, singing "I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My
Sister Kate" and then gabbing with the host:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8h_ez_WUIc

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV
916/ 806-9551

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street
with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.