[Dixielandjazz] 1st Mardi Gras Gig

Phil Wilking arnold.wilking at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 10 10:16:00 PST 2012

Why guess? Ask what style of dancing they want.

"Over the Waves" and "While We Danced At the Mardi Gras" were both written
in 3/4 but also can be done in 4/4.

And almost anything by Irving Berlin, Harry Warren, Walter Donaldson, the
ODJB, the Hot 5/7, or the Henderson/DeSylva/Brown team can be done by your
instrumentation.

As for uniform, since this is a dinner/dance not an afternoon beer party,
how about dark trousers and matching jackets, shirts, and ties?

Phil Wilking - K5MZF
www.nolabanjo.com

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.