[Dixielandjazz] 1st Mardi Gras Gig

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Nov 10 08:19:39 PST 2012

I've played MG gigs in straw and stripes without complaing.  As for dance
tunes, you could always ask your clients what they had in mind for that.
My guess is that they will be asking for more recent tunes.   We used to do
"New York"  (Start spreading the news etc) which worked well with our band.
"Joe Avery's Piece", is recogniazable because it is close to "Rock Around
the Clock".  You may have to have a Polka or two as well as some waltzes
picked out, but there are plenty of those such as "Let Me Call You
Sweetheart" and "Girl of my Dreams" that you could play as a waltz and then
go into four-four.

Ron L