[Dixielandjazz] FW: cornet

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Nov 4 04:15:27 PST 2012

Ted wrote:
>Simply put-the cornet blends with the rest of the small combo, mellow and
great on blues. The trumpet has a sharp piercing tone, often used by players
who want to be noticed above the rest of the combo.

I have to "tone down" a bit if we have a cornet player.  With a trumpeter, I
can play my trombone like I enjoy, big & strong!  (I didn't say "loud", by
the way!)  So, I think generalizing doesn't quite work.  Still can't
understand why it has to be a "this or that" thing.

Jim