[Dixielandjazz] FW: FH5+2

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu May 31 10:32:04 PDT 2012

Referring to Pat's comments:  Not all gigs are loads of fun!   :>

I saw them in a tiny club, the Beverly Caverns....a real dive in Hollywood,
before they resorted to playing Disneyland.  That full band, at full
volume...with siren added!...was an amazing adventure in such a small place.
They certainly enjoyed themselves.

I tried to speak to Ward Kimball that night.  He bent down at the end of the
set for about two seconds, just enough to get rid of me.  I wasn't too
impressed by that, and due to that experience, have tried not to ignore
people at the end of sets, especially young musicians for all these years.

Following is a quote from Amazon.com:  "Though these recordings may send
traditional purists into apoplexy, the level of musicianship is surprisingly
high and the spirit is infectious." --Stuart Broomer

Jim
P.s. George Probert autographed my "By the Sea" Lp when he sat in with our
band here in Madrid.  He didn't have particularly great memories of having
had to wander into the sea fully clothed & with his horn for that photo!!!