[Dixielandjazz] FH5+2

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Thu May 31 10:07:31 PDT 2012

What a shame everyone couldn't have experienced live the happy sounds &
sights of the FH5+2.>>

Hi Jim,

Well....sometimes.  I saw them outside the Firehouse at Disney once many
years ago. I think I must have caught the last number of their set. The day
was broiling hot. The crowds were ignoring them except for about 8 or 9 keen
guys like myself. We were being jostled by the passers by. In full kit the
band had sweat running down their faces.
The leader tapped in  Rampart St Parade I think.. He tapped it in sooo fast.
I have never heard such a scramble. They held it together by the skin of
their teeth. In the moments silence which followed their ending there came a
very distinct "F*****g Hell" from one member of the band and they turned on
their collective heels and stomped into the Firehouse without a backward
glance A more dejected looking lot you could not imagine. Just their backs
spoke volumes. I bet there were some unkind words once they were out of
sight.

Cheers

Pat