[Dixielandjazz] Partial Repertoire we played at Sac. Jazz Fest. May 27

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Mon May 28 17:33:07 PDT 2012

Bourbon Street Parade,  Basin Street Blues, Down By The Riverside, Just a Closer Walk with Thee, slow version and also a swing version,  Ain't My Fault, IKO IKO, Algiers Strut, Summertime, Bill Bailey, Mo Betta Blues, I'd rather be Sloppy Drunk , Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye, I'll Fly Away, Amazing Grace, Precious Lord Take my Hand,  (it was Sunday ya know so some Gospel was appropriate ) Second Line, St. Thomas, and Saints,   Yes Saints at least four times by request, with tips :))  Again Slow Funeral versions and Swing versions.

The secret:  We do not play any two or three minute songs, lots of room to vamp and all the horn players to solo and showcase their individual talents trade 8's and 4's  little scat singing and street corner vocals too.  No charts all Improvisational and spontaneous.  Putting the Fun back into Funerals and Jazz :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins