[Dixielandjazz] Trombone Showmanship

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat May 26 13:57:59 PDT 2012

On May 26, 2012, at 2:43 PM, dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com
wrote:

>  Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote in part May 26:
>
> Dear Bob,
> I had the opposite expreience.  I saw Trummy Young playing with his
> foot back in 1959, and it turned me off Trummy Young for something
> like a decade - I considred him a clown, not a musician.  I ws so
> disgusted that I didn't really pay attention to his solo.

Dear Marek:

Apparently thereafter, you learned to listen as you wrote on May 19
after seeing Swing Gitanes:

"Oh that interplay between the leader Yaakov Hoter and the other
guitarist, Ori Ben-Zvi!  The transition is so smooth one can hardly
notice it, even after a few seconds one becomes aware of the
difference in sound (I tend to listen to music with my eyes closed -
helps to open one's ears)."

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband