[Dixielandjazz] Trombone Showmanship

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat May 26 08:03:56 PDT 2012

Dear Bob,
I had the oppositeexpreience.  I saw Trummy Young playing with his
foot back in 1959, and it turned me off Trummy Young for something
like a decade - I considred him a clown, not a musician.  I ws so
disgusted that I didn't really pay attention to his solo.  To me, and
to some other fans, THE hero of the show was Peanuts Hucko with his no
nonsense playing.  Sure, we went to see Armstrong (I went twice,
something I could hardly afford in those days), but Armstrong was in
bad health and could hardly play.
Cheers