[Dixielandjazz] Saints, Al Hirt, Bob Havens

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue May 22 21:07:26 PDT 2012

Jim Kashishian commented on the recording of Al Hirt with Bob Havens. They played The Saints Go Marching In and alternated single notes with tpt, tbn & CL. Here is some comments from Bob Havens regarding that recording session.

“””
Hi Bob,
That arrangement of the Saints with Al Hirt happened once by accident and it worked
so effectively that we decided to make a regular routine out of it.  So it was all
rehearsed when the recording was done. It wasn't hard to do since we new  what was
coming.  My Tiger Rag routine was not planned either.

Thanks Bob,
Bob Havens
 “””