[Dixielandjazz] GARY CHURCH UPDATE 5/19/2012

CHERYL THURSTON thurstonsjazz at hotmail.com
Sat May 19 10:04:58 PDT 2012

Good morning Dear friends,

Gary is in a lot of pain from the surgery and is taking morephine, oxygen and misc. meds  through an IV.  He hasn't eaten yet because he throws up and has not walked yet and no talking yet, but was able to correctly answer questions.  He tries to sleep to escape the pain.  His surgery side appears to droop slightly.  The pathology report has not come back yet, but should today.  I was told by the Infectious Disease Doctor that Gary had an infectious brain leision 1/2 "big and they did a spinal tap yesterday to try to find out what kind of infection so they can start the right treatment.  He needs to get back on the drug plavix to keep his heart stents open but it is too dangerous to start that now because the brain would bleed from the surgery. They said it's dangerous but the brain is more dangerous than the heart at this time. Just came home last night. I'm going back to the hospital later today.
Love & thanks,
Cheryl