[Dixielandjazz] FW: Kid Ory live

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri May 11 14:19:03 PDT 2012

Marek wrote to me privately:
>Dear Jim, Considering that Carey died in 1948, he wasn't very likely to
have played in 1959!

Wow, Marek.  Here I've been telling myself it was Mutt on trumpet for all of
these years.  It obviously wasn't.  Don't know who it was, then.  My
mistake.

It would be hard to know who it was on trumpet that nite, really, as it was
a one-niter.  It certainly wasn't Teddy Buckner, 'cause I knew him very
well.  Teddy was sitting at the bar, though, listening.  Not even exactly
sure of the year.  Don't recall anything in particular about anyone else in
the band either.  I was mainly interested in Kid Ory, of course, being a
trombonist!

Jim