[Dixielandjazz] Israeli Jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon May 7 04:12:48 PDT 2012

I don't know whether there is "Jewish jazz," but lots of klezmer bands
jazz-up the klezmer music.  The Isradixie band often participates in
klezmer festivals.  And klezmer groups (most of them non-Jewish) have
been a feature of the Breda Jazz Fesival for many years (perhaps I
should qulify this statement, as I have not been there since 2005).
And Max Kaminsly, in "My Life in Jazz: said that jazz cane naturally
to him, because he heard such music in the shul.
Cheers