[Dixielandjazz] Bria Skonberg on Riverwalk Jazz This Week

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Thu May 3 05:48:51 PDT 2012

Those of you following Bria Skonberg's career know that she now lives
in New York City and has very quickly raised her profile there,
performing and recording with Wycliff Gordon, Warren Vaché, Bucky and
John Pizzarelli, etc. This week Riverwalk Jazz is running the show she
recorded with us in 2008 at the Landing in San Antonio (now closed).
Stream it here after noon Eastern today:

http://riverwalkjazz.org

There are 2 YouTubes from this session:

http://youtu.be/99wUSoc4o9Y

http://youtu.be/oeq3jhrOMzo

The first time I heard Bria was in 2007 at Dixieland Monterey. I was
standing in the back of the room with Randy Reinhart and Jim Fryer. We
were blown away by her sound and style, heavily indebted to Armstrong.

mopo

--
http://about.me/donmopsick