[Dixielandjazz] Blues question

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 19:57:12 PDT 2012

 I am with Bill I heaqr exactly the same thing he does on the two different sessions, however this could also be due to the quality of the recordings themselves, as well as the whim of Blind Lemon Jefferson in singing a different word to avoid boredom form doing the song over and over again every night.

Blues singers do that quite often, and sometimes it has to do with the way they read their audience at that performance as to the choice of their words, whether or not they make any sense lyrically, they improvised all the time and often made up totally new verses on the same songs.

Of course OKOMers would then say he was singing the wrong lyrics to his own song :))  Just so we could have something else to argue about and was efficiently as musicologist even if we never worked with an old Blues man or played his music :))

There is a White cat on youtube doing his version as MATHbox Blues ,  Harlan Flo, is his name.   probably to avoid copyright payment. :))

Cheers,

Bart.