[Dixielandjazz] Jan Scobey

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Thu Mar 15 15:18:38 PDT 2012

Yes, indeed, a shame. I knew Jan from West Coast festivals. She could be
found selling her wares near my mother's boutique. Many criticized her
for "missing a couple of marbles." I don't know, that is perhaps why we
got along. To tie in with a parallel thread, there were only two types
of music for Jan : West Coast two beat and the rest.

RIP Jan. You can now hear Bob and Lu together again alongside Gabriel.

Respectfully, Gary

On 15/03/2012 21:23, Stephen G Barbone wrote:
> Sorry to report that I just heard the sad news that Jan Scobey passed
> away in Gene's arms 2 days ago.
>
> I first met her about 15 years ago at a Jazz Festival and was mightily
> impressed about how she was keeping the music alive. Class act.
>
> RIP Jan, you were loved by many.
>
> Sadly
> Steve Barbone

Gary Kiser