[Dixielandjazz] Zoot Sims & Coltrane

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:10:44 PDT 2012

> No need to drag Poland and Howard Ark

Roark.  But I was reminded of Mr. Toohey.  And communist Poland was
relevant - there one was not allowed to have one's own opinions, or if
one had, one was not supposed to agree with them, if they were not the
official outlook.  And there was the brainwashing.  I refuse to be
brainwashed into believeing the "official opinion" about Coltrane (or
Miles DAvis).

I have just posted a message about this issue being exhausted.
Despite my, perhaps misguided, decision to reply to your email, I
consider this issue closed.  Opinions as far from each other as East
and West shall never meet.

> (how obscure and irrelevant can you be?). My concern was that you and the stunt lady were being destructive without knowing what you are talking about. I don't have the slightest concern about whether or not you listen to Miles Davis or John Coltrane. You have a closed mind which deals only in a narrow field of music

Having experienced it all.  It was listening to Charlie Parker that
first made me aware of the boring nature of his trumpeter.  I still
listen to those records, and every time hear a trumpeter who spois
them.

>, so there is no point in any discussion between us.

We agree on at least one issue!

 I would note that, for somebody with those characteristics, you send
an abnormally large number of e- mails to the group.

After all, it is a Dixieland Jazz Mailing List.  And most of my emails
have been about that type of music, or about swing.

With kind regards