[Dixielandjazz] Zoot Sims & Coltrane

kaye Wade kaye at kayewade.com
Wed Mar 14 09:46:52 PDT 2012

They don't compare, other than booze.

I found two (2) Coltran songs that I ever gave a hoot about & I knew Him.

On the other hand - Zoot Sims was really something extra special as a jazz player.
I knew both of them & worked with Zoot Sims in N.O.
Of course those are two separate kinds of Jazz.

Coltrane had no form or structure as many, so they called it Modern Jazz., because they were usually so drunk or stoned they had no idea where they were, or what they were playing.
Don't mess with old people. we've been there :-D

------

Kaye Wade

Stuntwoman-Actress, Vocalist & Bandleader

(also  *Kaye Wade's Riverboat Ramblers, *The Tinsel Town Ten Minus - 3,

*Jazz Holiday Band @ Sardo's, Burbank, Ca, Washboards International.com

Former San Fernando Valley Banjo Band NOW -*Jazz'n Banjos,*Reflexologist, and "THIMBLES" The Clown)

http://www.KayeWade.com