[Dixielandjazz] Negative peer pressure

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:06:18 PDT 2012

What the hell is wrong with me?  Something must be - I (again)
wholeheartedly agree with Steve!
If you don't bring music where young people are - forget it!  They
won't come to old folks' places - not in the US, not elsewhere!  and
don't expect the mto listen to nothing but (that's me, not they).
They will listen to current pop music (whatever you call it), and to
jazz, if they are exposed to it.  Tonight a friend invited us (that's
no the royal we - ir means my friends and me) to his place.  There
were three kids that could have been my grandchildren.  And when our
host played the BG combos on Capitol, they took a picture and decided
to look for it.  It was an old LP; I did tell them it had been
reissued on Mosaic, and I'm sure they will look it up!  Will they
listen exclusively to jazz and swing?  Not likely.  But they will
continue listening to jazz, and perhaps be the future audience fo OKOM
bands.
Cheers