[Dixielandjazz] Don Ingle RIP

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Mar 10 20:26:45 PST 2012

I am shocked to say the least.

I've known Don for probably almost 40 years. I first met him when he came to our Sacramento Festival very early on in the early 70s. He was with the Sons of Bix Band. The band was here for several years and I always enjoyed the different sound with the bass sax.

Our comedy group The Boondockers with another DJML member who has passed, Bill Gunter, played the International Washboard Festival in Logan Ohio for maybe 6-years. For several of those years Don and Jean drove over to the festival and we spent a lot of time at the town's watering hole solving the world's problems.

Both Don and Jean were wonderfully warm people.

They will be missed.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"History is just one damn thing after another!"  -Anonymous