[Dixielandjazz] Last Recording of Franz Jackson Depends on YOU

mjewell at franzjackson.com mjewell at franzjackson.com
Mon Jun 25 19:21:56 PDT 2012

Dixieland Friends,

With 2 weeks left in the fundraising campaign for "Franz Jackson:  Milestone" - the recording from Franz's 95th birthday concert in 2007 - we've hit a plateau at 35% of the necessary funding pledged.

The success of the campaign and, thus, the CD, depends solely on the people who love this music.  My father, Franz Jackson, was a living, breathing encyclopedia of jazz history.  He could recount first-hand stories of working with the legends of the jazz era.  He was there at the beginning and he stayed as long as he possibly could.  His history was on full display the night of his 95th birthday concert and he gave a master class in the spirit and soul of music with each note he played that night.

If you haven't yet pledged to support this project, I urge you to do so now.  There are numerous pledge levels and great incentives attached to each.   For example, a $25 pledge gets you a physical copy of the CD plus a digital download of the album  - both prior to the official release date.  That's a small price to pay for over 2 hours of extraordinary music AND the opportunity to be part of preserving jazz history.

You can find the project by going to www.kickstarter.com and searching "Franz Jackson".   No pledges will be fulfilled if the project does not meet its funding goal by July 10th.  Of course, that also means the CD won't get made.

Thank you to everyone who has pledged their support and thank you in advance to those of you who will.

God Bless,

Michelle Jewell

--
Michelle Jewell
mjewell at franzjackson.com
(269) 684-6386
www.franzjackson.com

We do not share your personal information with any third-parties.  If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please reply to this message indicating your desire to be removed.

Become a fan of Franz's on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/franzjackson