[Dixielandjazz] Fête de la Musique

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Mon Jun 18 09:19:05 PDT 2012

Just finished our annual freebee concert at the children's hospital. We
do this every year during the week of the Fête de la Musique. It is a
rather rewarding gig playing in different parts of the hospital, but
reality always slaps us upside the head when we are finished.

The kids range from 0 to 15, but today most were in the 3 to 6 bracket.
The cancer ward is always the hardest.

We all run home and hug our kids. Everyone should go hug your kids
whatever their ages and be grateful they are there to hug. Not everyone
is given this opportunity for very long.

I'm going to go hug mine again.

-Gary

Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson