[Dixielandjazz] Coon-Sanders Nighthawk Orchestra

RickeyZ rickz at usermail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:03:15 PDT 2012

Marek Boym wrote:
> Perish the thought!  It probably has, though - or perhaps not: once
> upon a time I could enjoy Cannoball Adderley, but not anymore.  But I
> might have developed more tolerance for vocals.  Besides, enjoying one
> quite hot number does not mean I'd be able to listen to eight of them
> in a row!  And I am almost sure there are some typical crooning period
> ballads on that Vintage issue - something that makes me sick!
> With very kind regards

Marek,

Oh, contraire!!  Coon-Sanders was the music that fueled the ROARING
Twenties!
I have several of their CD's.  Here's one of the best.  No crooning ballads!
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Coon-Sanders-1924-32/dp/B00003GAGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1339523716&sr=1-1

Down in Oklahoma, Bob Wills used to listen to C-S on the radio, and that's
how he conceived of his Western Swing band.   No crooning ballads there,
either.

Rick Jolley
Colorado Nighthawks  (A C-S copy!!!)