[Dixielandjazz] Coon-Sanders Nighthawk Orchestra

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 03:44:29 PDT 2012

>> Just listening to that band...It's not the first time I've liked tha band.  Still, when its LP was issued as part of the RCA
>> Vintage series, I hated it!  Could it be that the Zonophones were SO much better?
>
> Dear Marek,
> Could it be that your musical taste has broadened?

Perish the thought!  It probably has, though - or perhaps not: once
upon a time I could enjoy Cannoball Adderley, but not anymore.  But I
might have developed more tolerance for vocals.  Besides, enjoying one
quite hot number does not mean I'd be able to listen to eight of them
in a row!  And I am almost sure there are some typical crooning period
ballads on that Vintage issue - something that makes me sick!
With very kind regards