[Dixielandjazz] Tears

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Jun 3 18:34:52 PDT 2012

Pat Ladd wrote:

Ø  I have just played the version of `Tears` by the Black Eagles.

Ø  I don`t think that I have ever listened to a tune with absolutely no

Ø  discernable melody line before. A nice sound , obviously  enjoyed by the

Ø  band and the audience but no tune. . . . I can usually whistle the melody line to a tune but I am afraid that `Tears` defeated me. Am I missing something?

Yes Pat. You must be missing something. Like Steve, I also have no trouble hearing the lead line.

It is a very interesting tune with some different chord patterns. I would also like to have a lead sheet.

--Bob Ringwald